Welcome to Sutton Cross Surgery
Practice Updates during Covid 19 Pandemic 02/04/2021
Our staff are here and working hard on your behalf during this current health crisis. We are open, but ask that you call the surgery for any help and guidance you need. Please DO NOT let any changes in your health go unchecked.
It is important that you continue to access medical care during this time. Please do keep your appointments for Vaccinations, Immunisations and Ante Natal care and please phone as normal to organise your regular childhood vaccinations and maternity appointments.
For other appointments please call the surgery and speak to our reception staff. You may be asked for some details and offered either a telephone consultation or an appointment at the surgery.
- For Prescriptions please order by phone or by email and we can organise to have your repeat prescriptions sent to your pharmacy.
- Allow 48 hours for prescriptions to be sent to your chosen pharmacy.
Our phone lines may be busy but we are answering calls and returning calls to patients.
- General – non urgent items can also now be emailed to us and we will return calls.
- All matters will be triaged and if you need to be invited in for a consultation we will be mindful of social distancing and queuing space.
- Include your phone numbers in all email correspondence to help us contact you and your date of birth so that we may properly identify your record.
- If your call is urgent or requires same day attention, please DO continue to contact us as you will get through.
At Sutton Cross Surgery we are progressing well with vaccinating our patients over the age of 70. We have received deliveries every two weeks now since the end of February and to date have administered 870 vaccinations. The atmosphere is the surgery on clinic dates has been great and we are indebted to our hardworking clinical and administration teams here who make it all happen.
So far, our vaccines administered have been split as follows,
41% to those over 85, 34% to those age 80-84, 24% to those age 75-79 with the remaining 1% to those age 70-74.
We will have another clinic week 11th April and hope to complete the age 75 + age group and some more of the age 70 age group. We would hope that following delivery, week 18th April will allow us to complete the age 70 grouping.
If you, or a relative in any of the age groups has been missed, perhaps in hospital when we called, or not available for our telephone call, please do check with us that the name remains on our list for calls. You can email in details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we have all of our over 70’s complete, we will then progress to those in the very high risk category followed afterwards by those in the high risk category as recently announced. Delivery dates are not yet finalised so we will not make appointments until then. Thank you for your patience as we work through this programme. Again, you can email details to email@example.com
We would ask for your patience and understanding as we get to your age group. For more information on groups below age 70 please check with www.HSE.ie
We will have limited GP services available on the days of vaccine clinics. Routine matters during that period will be dealt with in the days following the clinic.
Thank you for your patience in the meantime.
Dr Nicola Gilliland & Dr John Allman. 02.04.2021
For further information on Covid 19 please click link below:
In this time of great uncertainty and with the COVID19 situation evolving continuously we would ask you to read the following:
- If you develop symptoms such as Cough, Shortness of breath or fever please self isolate and contact your GP who will arrange testing for you. There is invaluable information on www.hpsc.ie and also www.hse.ie
- DO NOT CALL 112 or 999 please keep these lines open.
- We are here for ALL our patients so if you are unwell without the above symptoms please call your surgeries as normal and you will be looked after, regular prescriptions will still be issued as needed.
We are here to help ALL our patients, we also understand that you may be worried and frightened, having said all this we would ask people to follow the advice been given on a daily basis from the experts, limit your contact with other people, go to the shops only when needed, look in on your elderly neighbour’s and friends. #staypositive #stayhome #togetherwearestrong #bekind #COVID19
With patient’s needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and well being whatever your medical condition.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
We are located conveniently in the SuperValu Centre, immediately next door to the back entrance of McCartan's Pharmacy, turning left as you enter the SuperValu car park. Our surgery is located on the first floor. A lift is provided for your convenience.