We are open as usual to help you during this time
Our phone lines may be busy but we are answering calls and returning calls to patients.
Appointments can still be made to come and see a GP or nurse in the surgery if required but do not drop in, contact us by email or phone.
If your call is to order a repeat prescription or to deal with some paperwork it might be easier to request this by email.
It is important that you continue to access medical care during this time. Please do keep your appointments for childhood vaccines, ante-natal and post-natal care.
General – non urgent items can also now be emailed to us and we will return calls. All matters will be triaged and if you need to be invited in for a consultation we will be mindful of social distancing and queuing space.
Include your phone numbers in all email correspondence to help us contact you and your date of birth so that we may properly identify your record.
If your call is urgent or requires same day attention, please DO continue to contact us as you will get through.
Thank you for your patience in the meantime.
Dr Nicola Gilliland & Dr John Allman. 20/3/2020
From GP reception at Sutton Cross Surgery & all over the country
In this time of great uncertainty and with the COVID19 situation evolving continuously we would ask you to read the following:
- If you develop symptoms such as Cough, Shortness of breath or fever please self isolate and contact your GP who will arrange testing for you. There is invaluable information on www.hpsc.ie and also www.hse.ie
- DO NOT CALL 112 or 999 please keep these lines open.
- We are here for ALL our patients so if you are unwell without the above symptoms please call your surgeries as normal and you will be looked after, regular prescriptions will still be issued as needed.
- If you are still considering travel at this stage we urge you to follow the guidelines on www.dfa.ie – Remember it is YOUR decision to travel and NOT the decision of your doctor or anybody else, please do not block the phone lines with these queries.
- At this stage most non essential out patient appointments in our hospitals have been cancelled – Please DO NOT call your GP surgery in reference to cancelled hospital appointments they will be rescheduled when this health crisis is over.
We are here to help ALL our patients, we also understand that you may be worried and frightened, having said all this we would ask people to follow the advice been given on a daily basis from the experts, limit your contact with other people, go to the shops only when needed, look in on your elderly neighbour’s and friends. #staypositive #stayhome #togetherwearestrong #bekind #COVID19
Welcome to Sutton Cross Surgery
With patient’s needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and well being whatever your medical condition.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
We are located conveniently in the SuperValu Centre, immediately next door to the back entrance of McCartan's Pharmacy, turning left as you enter the SuperValu car park. Our surgery is located on the first floor. A lift is provided for your convenience.